Taper, Power and Action
In designing a well balanced blank that meets the specific design parameters of a particular application, CTS will take into account a whole host of considerations that will ultimate determine the feel of the blank.
Such considerations include the:
(1) Choice of blank materials used;
(2) Design of the flag patterns that are cut from the selected materials;
(3) Mandrel to which the flag patterns are tacked to and rolled on;
(4) Desired stiffness and lock up points at different locations of the blank;
(5) Production systems that are used to manufacture the blank etc.
Taper, power and action, are each in their own right a separate discipline, which cannot be read in isolation. Rather, each design aspect needs to be considered collectively as a whole to ensure the fullest possible understanding of the feel of each CTS blank that is sold on this website.