The Bait Breath BYS Craw soft plastic bait lure is designed by Bassmaster pro angler, Morizo Shimizu of Osaka Japan to replicate and mimic the shape and action of a crawfish with its unique design features (see below).
This lure is heavily scented with Bait Breath’s BYS Mix scent, which consist of a proprietary blend of natural flavoured fish attractants.
The BYS Craw is salt infused to increase its density to make it sink to the seabed quickly for effective bottom bashing action.
Comes in 4 tried and tested saltwater colours for local application
#149 – Glow Pearl White
#150 – Glow Krill
#151 – Glow Chart
#152 – Orange Red
2.5” and 3.5”
BYS-Mix consisting of a combination of 5 ingredients consisting of fish oil extract from bait fish and flavours derived from fish, insect, shrimp and crawfish.
Heavily Salted to Sink
Quantity Per Packet
8 pieces (2.5”)
7 pieces (3.5”)
Country of Manufacture:
Vol. Shipping Weight (kg):
Free Worldwide Shipping!
BB – BYSC-SW
1. Hair – Stiff animal hair is used to mimic the under-belly legs of a crawfish, in addition to giving it roll stability and to create fish attracting vibration as the lure is worked over a seabed.
2. Material – The texture and density of the material used in the Bait Breath BYS Craw soft plastic bait lure has been designed to match the weight and density of a newly moulted crawfish of the same size for life-likeness. In addition, during the manufacturing process, the proprietary blend of fish attractants are thoroughly mixed into the material to ensure that the BYS Craw soft plastic lure holds its BYS-Mix of flavours longer and the effect of taste and smell does not decrease with time.
3. Body – The key body feature of Bait Breath’s BYS Craw soft plastic bait lure, is its ribbed under carriage that is designed to create vibration with water movement, whilst giving this lure suppleness but more importantly, increased surface area, like the fins of a heat exchanger, to momentarily trap water and allow for the BYS-Mix flavour to diffuse and be released into its surroundings. In addition, the ribbed design also mimics a female crawfish’s underbelly where she holds her eggs during the period of incubation, all adding to the life-likeness that this design hopes to achieve.
4. Claw – This feature’s primary purpose is not about attempting to replicate life-likeness, but more importantly to create water resistance across the thinner and softer protrusions of the claw’s pincers to create fish attracting vibration.
5. Feelers – Like with the claw feature as described above, Bait Breath’s BYS Craw soft plastic lure comes with a pair of antennae-like features, whose primary function is to create fish attracting vibration and give the lure a wave like motion whilst on the move.